The Lending Library provides materials on sexuality, abuse, violence prevention and disability. Anyone interested in abuse and violence prevention and sexuality education issues for persons with disabilities may check out materials. The Library currently features over 350 items including books, curriculum kits, videos, audiotapes, anatomically correct dolls, models, games, journals and other materials. Items are available for check-out in person or by mail within the United States.
- The borrower assumes full responsibility for the materials while they are checked out.
- Materials which are returned damaged, with missing parts or lost will be billed to the borrower.
- Only four items at a time can be checked out for a total of two weeks.
- Extension request must be made after the due date by contacting Disability Services.
- Materials may be checked out in person or by mail.
- SafePlace cannot ship to a P.O Box or outside of the United States.
- All materials returned by mail must be insured and tracking information provided.
- Reimbursement of shipping costs is requested. The packing slip enclosed will indicate postage costs. Please make check payable to SafePlace.
- Borrowers outside of Texas, or if borrowing items over $150, are required to pay a deposit by check or credit card for the value of the item before items will be mailed.
Materials should be returned to:
Attention: Lesley Landry
P.O. Box 19454
Austin, TX 78760
A list of available materials can be found here. (Word Doc)